We present them with challenges and learning experience to aid them in applying and managing the effect of intra and interpersonal interactions in a direct and responsive world. This enables them to distinguish and differentiate between different emotional and physical inputs and outputs in a practical environment. This capacity allows them to practice these skills constructively within a save environment.
This framework provides the learner with applied skills necessary for application in life after school.
Grade 10: Evolution to Adulthood
- Key focus: Transferring into the adult world. We expect the children to complete a journey type intervention in unfamiliar terrain. Children are challenged with an expedition type intervention to familiarise themselves with the camping environment, confidently function independently, and taking personal responsibility being with self and others.
- We facilitate the capacity to persevere in adverse conditions and to push personal boundaries.
- The theme of the camp are but not limited to a self-contained wilderness based journey lasting 5-20 days or a sequenced high ropes experience.
- Outcomes: Cognitive and emotional understanding of perseverance. Exploring own capacity, boundaries and potential during challenging situations.
Grade 11 Junior Leadership:
- Key focus:
- Leadership potential identification
- Assessment of leadership characteristics
- Leadership potential discovery.
- Leadership Development
- Skills/ “tools” necessary to be a leader is taught; Decision making skills, problem solving, mentoring, effective communication, conflict management, diversity and motivation skills etc
- Leadership Development @ School
- Short on-site programs for leadership development.
- Leadership Mentoring Program
- Long term mentoring process to assist leaders at school.
- Facilitate the capacity to deeply understand the theory of leadership and to confidently lead self and others
- The theme of the camp: Depend on the format chosen and duration.
- Outcomes: A deeper understanding of leadership.